What is EO-3?
EO-3 is a rich source of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA in a palatable liquid form. EO-3 can be fed to all classes of horses, including foals, breeding stock, and performance horses to improve the critical ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 in the diet, provide preferential precursors for production of local hormones, and regulate gene expression to positively affect insulin sensitivity.
New minty apple EO-3 is four times as palatable as the original. Along with a research-proven flavor update, a more highly refined base oil eliminates compounds that can increase fish odors over time, without altering beneficial fatty acids. Read the research behind this product update.
Why should I use EO-3 for my horse?
- Palatable distilled fish oil now with minty apple flavor
- Improves glucose tolerance
- Strengthens immune function
- Increases red blood cell flexibility
- Enhances bone metabolism and development
- Benefits of DHA- and EPA-mediated inflammatory response include reduction in joint inflammation, allergic reactivity, exercise-induced bronchoconstriction, and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage
- Reproductive benefits include improved fertility, improved colostrum quality, enhanced passive transfer of antibodies to foals, and increased sperm concentration, motility, and viability
- Marine-derived long-chain fatty acids DHA and EPA are more efficiently used as precursors of local hormones than plant-based sources of omega-3 fatty acids
per 30 mL
Fat 98% - 29.4 g
Omega-3 fatty acids 35% - 9,450 mg
DHA and EPA 25% - 6,750 mg
Omega-6 fatty acid 3% - 810 mg
Add 1 to 2 oz (30 to 60 mL) to the feed. For best results, introduce EO-3 to the ration gradually over a period of 5 to 10 days.